Access to Care provides affordable primary health care services for low-income, uninsured individuals of SUBURBAN COOK COUNTY AND NORTHWEST CHICAGO (NORTH OF NORTH AVENUE AND WEST OF PULASKI ROAD).
To be eligible for Access to Care you must:
- Live in SUBURBAN Cook County or northwest Chicago (west of Pulaski Road AND north of North Avenue).
- Family income must be less than 300% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- No health insurance (or a deductible of $500 or more per person) and ineligible for Medicare*, Medicaid, All Kids, FamilyCare or CountyCare. *The program will cover individuals on Medicare that are unable to afford Part B and meet the other eligibility requirements.
There is an Annual Enrollment Fee of:
- $20 for one person.
- $40 for two people.
- $50 for three or more Adult Members in one family. This applies to Husband, Wife, and dependent children age 19 to 26 ONLY.
The program provides: Visits to your assigned Access to Care doctor for $5. Basic Lab and X-ray services for $5 per draw or procedure, and prescription medication for $15 (generic), $30 preferred brand and $40 (non-preferred brand). Brand name medications are available only at Walgreens.
Once you are an accepted Access to Care patient, you will receive your ID card with your assigned physician and the physician’s phone number. You must call your doctor to make an appointment. Your assigned doctor must write all prescriptions, lab and radiology orders. If your doctor feels a specialist is required he/she will send us a referral form and an appointment will be arranged at either Stroger Hospital or Oak Forest Hospital, where payment is determined based upon income.
How to Apply to Access to Care
There are several ways to apply.
- Print an application form from the list below, follow the instructions, enclose all necessary documents and mail it to the address on the application form.
- Complete the application at a local registration site. You must call the registration site for an appointment and bring proof of address and proof of income. By applying at a site, you will receive a copy of your application.
- If you cannot go to an intake site, call 708-531-0680 and request an application be mailed to you. When received, follow the instructions and enclose the necessary documents.
Without all the necessary documentation, your application will be delayed.
How We’ve Helped
“As of next month I will be 65 years old and I will no longer be able to benefit from Access to Care. Without the help and care of Access to Care I would not have been able to get this far in life. Getting my medications, seeing my physician has helped me to keep my feet on the ground. Thank you to Access to Care. I hope and pray your supporters will continue to aid Access to Care, because you are needed more now than ever. ” Access to Care patient
Suburban Primary Health Care Council, administrator of and also known as Access to Care, is in no way affiliated with Access to Care, LLC, located in Muncie, Indiana, or Access to Care Pharmacy, LLC, located in Muncie, Indiana.